Dr. Celene Domitrovich, one of the PATHS® program
developers, and school administrators discuss
how the PATHS® curriculum supports children's
acquisition of SEL skills
The PATHS® Program
At a Glance
Create more time for teaching, more capacity for learning.
- The PATHS program is grounded in social and emotional learning (SEL).
- SEL helps children resolve conflicts peacefully, handle emotions positively, empathize, and make responsible decisions.
- When students learn and use SEL skills, behavior improves and disruptions lessen.
- Instead of wasting valuable classroom time managing misbehavior and providing discipline, teachers can teach and students can learn.
Reap the benefits of an SEL program that is research-based and proven effective.
- Developed and refined through nearly 30 years of research, the PATHS program is the premier social and emotional learning program available.
- It has been included or cited in over 40 published studies and texts.
- The PATHS program received the highest possible rating from Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development (Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence, University of Colorado).
- The PATHS program is one of only 12 youth development programs to receive this elite recognition -- over 1,300 programs have been reviewed to date.
Significantly improve academic achievement.
- Data from more than 270,000 students was collected for a large-scale study of universal, school-based SEL programs, including the PATHS program.
- In that study, SEL students showed an 11% gain in academic achievement.
Build the brain power children need for school success.
- As reported in Science magazine, the PATHS program has been proven to help build executive functions (EFs) in children's developing brains.
- EFs include impulse control, problem solving, reasoning, planning, and working memory.
- These skills are proven predictors of math and reading competence throughout a child's school career.
- In fact, they're more important to a child's school readiness than IQ scores.
See real results!
In rigorous clinical studies,* the PATHS program has been shown to:
- reduce teachers' reports of students exhibiting aggressive behavior by 32%
- increase teachers' reports of students exhibiting self-control by 36%
- improve performance on state achievement tests in reading, math, and writing**
- increase students' vocabulary for emotions by 68%
- increase students' scores on cognitive skills tests by 20%
- significantly improve students' ability to tolerate frustration plus their ability -- and willingness -- to use effective conflict-resolution strategies
- reduce behavior problems, such as aggression at school (for both regular and special-needs students)
- significantly decrease conduct problems and the percentage of aggressive/violent solutions to social problems
- reduce depression and sadness among special-needs students
- significantly increase teachers' reports of improved behavior in the classroom***
- significantly increase teachers' reports of improved academic engagement***
- significantly reduce students' reports of male students exhibiting aggressive behavior.***
*at one- or two-year follow-up, compared to matched-comparison children, supplemented with teacher training and support
**during a 4-year implementation period, compared to matched-comparison children, supplemented with teacher training and support
***In this study, a grade-level version of the program was supplemented with teacher training and support as well as additional interventions for students with conduct problems.
One module in each classroom makes teaching SEL easy and effective!
Easily incorporate lessons into and around regular classroom routines.
- Sessions from the PATHS program are brief -- approximately 30 minutes -- so they are easy to fit within a scheduled class period.
- Plus, they correlate to Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts and American School Counselor Association Standards.
- The program offers numerous connections to reading and language arts instruction.
Start the program in any grade.
The PATHS program is provided in a convenient grade-by-grade format to make implementation easier and more flexible. The PATHS classroom module for:
- Preschool/Kindergarten starts at $839
- Grade 1 starts at $629
- Grade 2 starts at $469
- Grade 3 starts at $419
- Grade 4 starts at $469
- Grade 5/6 starts at $489.
The Counselor's Package for Preschool-Grade 5/6 starts at $3,329. The Counselor's Package for Grades 1-5/6 starts at $2,489.
Thanks to our generous quantity discounts, the more you buy, the more you save!
Prices subject to change without notice.
Enjoy effective and easy-to-use program materials.
Teaching the PATHS program is easy thanks to comprehensive introductory materials, the in-depth curriculum, parent-outreach tools, and other engaging program resources.
"If you can find even 20 minutes three times a week, you will see a big difference in your students' ability to solve problems for themselves, empathize with others, etc.... Teaching [the PATHS program] has saved me so much time in classroom management and problem solving. I no longer have to mediate every disagreement in my classroom. My kids have skills to problem-solve, and manage their anger and use self-control on their own."
-- Erin King
5th Grade Teacher
If you already like what you see, don't delay!
Ordering PATHS program materials is easy, and every order is risk-free -- because the PATHS program comes with a money-back guarantee!
Return to top